Sunday, June 22, 2008

Master of Desire by Kinley MacGregor



Book Description:
Draven de Montague, Earl of Ravenswood, would never have entered the home of his most hated adversary had not the King himself ordered Draven to take in his foe's daughter for a year, to forge bonds of peace between their two feuding houses. Yet here is a lass whose spirit and loveliness could tempt Draven to betray his sworn vow never to let another close to his heart. Emily knows the searing heat of her passion could burn down stubborn Draven's defenses -- but will his surrender ignite a blaze so hot it consumes them both?

For some reason I thought this was going to be a Scottish Highlander romance, but it turns out it wasn't. It's a medievel English romance and I really liked it! My first book by this author (who I thought wrote Scottish romances - hence my confusion). I read it in a day, and it was the usual story about the virgin damsel in medievel times forced to live with ultra handsome, angry alpha lord so that their families will get along with each other at the King's edict. Naturally, they fall madly in lust with each other upon first sight and there is lots of sexual tension. But, actually there was more to it than just that.

Our hero, Draven (what a name!) has a very dark past he's dealing and coping with, not your average plot by the end - I liked it! Plus I was a bit surprised at who the ultimate villain was, I suspected him at first, but then got thrown off with a curveball, so it's not as predictable as I first believed it would be. I liked the heroine, she's not stupid or afraid - she has guts, a good match for Draven who's darker than a lot of romance hero's due to the childhood scars he's carrying around with him of his father and mother's death. Our heroine is determined to marry Draven, no matter how much he resists, and I enjoyed the way she goes about seducing him - it doesn't go quite the way she expects, but it's still hot and heavy between them, especially the scene on the ramparts! *fans self*

Give it a try, a good steamy English medievel romance. 4/5

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails